1. How did you come up with your stage name?
It originally was a screen name that I used back when chatrooms were popular. The thinking behind it was that it seems timeless and it boasted the question to who ever saw it, “Discover what or who?”.
2. For those that don’t know where are you repping?
I rep for Nashville, TN and Macon, GA. I was born in Nashville, TN but now I reside in Macon, GA.
3. You have a unique voice, something different and we dig it. Maybe it’s the southern twang mixed into your bars that make things a little more catchy, but it works. When did you develop your flow and style that really showcases what Discover Dis is about?
I appreciate ya’ll digging my voice. I am always evolving as an artist and try different techniques and styles. I believe it comes from listening to a lot of different regions of music and overseas rap artists as well. When I first started rapping professionally back in 2010 I didn’t appreciate my voice. It wasn’t until late 2011 early 2012 that I felt very comfortable with it.
4. Your song “Grind Up” was on repeat 3 straight times for us! What made u want to release a motivational song basically telling people to grind it out to get where you need to be?
Thank you very much. I really like that song as well. When I initially recorded it I was about halfway into the project “ColdHeat 2” and I knew it was going to set the tone for the rest of the project. I feel like you have to grind in order to get where you want to be. No matter your circumstances or your current situation you can rise above it. When I make songs that can motivate myself and others as well then I know I am contributing back to the culture.
5. Who are your favorite artists of all time that inspired you to be an emcee?
Ludacris, Chamillionaire, Eminem, Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, Eightball and MJG and Three Six Mafia. They are all legends in their own right and bring something different to the table.
6. We saw your new mixtape “ColdHeat 2” dropped recently. What’s your favorite record on there and why?
That “Hit List” joint was pretty serious too.
I like all of them for a variety of reasons but if I had to choose one then it would be “Grind Up”, featuring Mike Nitty.
7. What else is in the works? Any shows, mixtapes, albums, etc?
Besides being an artist myself I also am helping my artist Mike Nitty focus on his mixtape project “The Prequel” and his debut album. I plan on releasing an album that I recorded already “Omega Nightmares” sometime in the future. It has lots of dark undertones to it. I plan on putting together some shows and showcases for my supporters in 2015 plus I have to record some videos for ColdHeat 2 and start on ColdHeat 3.
8. You have an EP out now on Itunes, “Sin Saysations”. Can you tell us about that project and how it differs from “ColdHeat 2”?
Thank you for checking it out. Sin-Saytions is more of a romance, sinful, and lust project. My wife gave me the idea and inspiration. I loved the challenge and it paid off. So far over 500 downloads. Cold Heat 2 is more of an aggressive, club type, and motivational project. It was created because the first one ColdHeat was received well by people with over 2000+ downloads on datpiff.com. They are both great to have but they are for different events going on in one’s life.
Buy here– https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sin-saytions/id677950667
9. What is a typical day for Discover Dis like ??
A typical day includes dropping off my children to school, running my mental health business, jotting down any new music ideas or concepts, picking up my children from school, getting them ready for the next day, cooking, cleaning and bathing children. Winding down from the day events and trying to watch tv with my wife while we debate about which show to watch.
10. With 2015 on the horizon what is up next for you?
To keep growing Bankedoutt Music Group, grow more as an artist, helping Mike Nitty get ready to release his projects, sign another artist, have new experiences with my wife and kids, and enjoy life like it is meant to be enjoyed.
11. It was cool chopping it up with you bro, in closing let our readers know where to check you out and whatever else you want to let them know. Also thanks for keeping real hiphop alive with the lyrics!
I appreciate the interview and thanks for having me. All interested parties can find me on twitter @DiscoverDis follow me on instagram @discoverdisbmg, check out the website www.bankedouttmusicgroup.com, check my catalog on itunes, amazonmp3, google play, etc. Also go and follow Mike Nitty @mikenitty220 and IG @mnitty220. Email me email@example.com for booking or features. Special Shout out to mixtapekings.com, to my wife Andrea and all our children. Also readers go and check out the following artists @JoeKane310, @KINGCASINO1, @TempleBoyzEnt, @kingtrill1 and support Independent artists. Stay Blessed.